All I can say is, it's good... and I've been called a picky eater. So, enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- About 3 lbs ground venison (with or without added fat )
- 2 small onions, chopped
- Equal amount of celery hearts, chopped (same amount as the onions)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Small palmful of crushed red pepper flakes
- Some olive oil, in which to saute the vegetables
- 2 14.5-ounce cans Del Monte Zesty Chili Style diced tomoatoes
- 1 can Rotel diced tomoatoes
- 2 packets of chili seasoning (we usually use 1 hot and 1 mild)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- At least one bag of Fritos Scoops
- 1 can of red beans
Saute these ingredients in a small amount of olive oil until the veggies are soft.
Add the ground venison (we use whitetail deer), and brown the meat.
Season with salt and pepper and several dashes of hot sauce.
Now, stir in the diced tomatoes (both types) and the chili seasoning.
At this point, our routine calls for cooking it in the pressure cooker for 30 minutes. You may choose instead to just let it simmer a while.
A few minutes before serving, stir in one can of red beans. This step is optional.
Ladle it into bowls, top with shredded cheddar cheese, and serve with Frito Scoops on the side.