The Bottom Line
- Easy to use and easy to clean; simple design.
- Tenderizes without pounding or stabbing.
- O-ring drive belts are easily replaced.
- O-ring drive belts break easily.
- Can come apart easily - when you don't want it to.
- The "spikes" on mine were somewhat blunt.
- Hand-operated roller device for tenderizing, flattening, and marinating meat.
- Constructed of tough white plastic (polypropylene), which cleans up easily.
- Assembles quickly and easily; comes with two clamps to hold it down.
- Comes with a plastic tray to catch natural juices and/or to hold marinate to dip the meat into.
- One Year Limited Warranty.
Guide Review - Mr. Tenderizer Meat Tenderizer
I found that it wasn't quite what I expected - but it was close enough. For folks who, like myself, do their own butchering, this is a handy tool.
The main problem I had was that the O-ring drive belt suffered from wear and broke rather quickly, but the manufacturer tells you what size to use for replacement, if you don't want to order replacements from Mr. Tenderizer. One replacement O-ring was included.
Also, the spikes on mine were dinged so they're not as sharp as they should be.
All in all, Mr. Tenderizer is a great product and a good value.